Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day off

Today was a rare day off and I chose to take some pictures before watching game 6 of the ALCS tonight. I spent my time in Biddeford and Saco and felt that I got a few solid pictures. The first I call "Abandoned Time". It was taken just off from Main Street at an old mill. The White Balance was off on the picture, but it ended up giving it a nostalgic sense
The second photo I call "Progress?" Yet another area of woodland in Saco has been torn down to make way for more mixed use development (retail/office, etc). I purposely set the focus for the treeline framed by the arm of the Caterpillar.
These shots are taken from the same area, less than a half mile away. I think they illustrate that we should seek a balance between progress and development and nature and the preservation of old growth.

No comments: