Monday, October 6, 2008

Fryeburg Fair 2008

Today marked my first ever time going to the Fryeburg Fair. It proved to be a fun experience with some memorable photographic subjects. For me, unique pieces of the history of firefighting draw my attention. This Amoskeag steam pumper was built in Manchester, NH and put into service in Quakertown, PA. This is a beautiful piece of equipment meticulously maintained. I also experimented with exposures in excess of 1 second for the Ferris Wheel and Orbiter rides. What I love about the Orbiter shot is that the signage for the name of the ride wasn't functioning. In this shot, the exposed moving lights paint the negative space where the sign is, making it as readable as if the bright red lamps were lit. It's exactly what I was going for in the shot.




No comments: